We are looking for a key team member to take part in the kitchen & bakery activities. Bring your existing high level Sourdough experience or ‘get up to speed fast' with training, recipes and input from our current bakers.
You'll be responsible for all products before delivery to discerning customers ensuring high quality and contentment.
As the operation / production grows, you will work closely with the team to define and revise working schedules for all team members to meet demand.
- Take part in the food preparation process and any other relative activities
- Develop new products from time-to-time with the team
- Plan orders of equipment or ingredients according to identified shortages
- Arrange for repairs when necessary and remedy any problems or defects
- Eventually take part in hiring, managing and training kitchen staff
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Nurture a culture of cooperation and respect between co-workers
- Liaise with venue management, adhere to venue rules and obligations
- Liaise with non-kitchen staff from time-to-time to assist with social media content etc.
Desirable skills for this role
- A talented baker with artisan baking experience
- Passion for sourdough, baking, pastry and all long-ferment methods, including understanding shaping and proofing dough and oven work
- Passion for organic flours, heritage grains and premium ingredients
- Passion and experience with plant-based cuisines preferred – (or serious interest to embrace it)
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability in coordinating responsibilities and monitoring progress
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimised kitchen processes
- Good understanding of useful computer programs (MS office, POS)
- Credentials in health and safety training
- Permanent/Part-time role
- Pay at the living wage campaign rate
- 4 week working trial required prior to formal contract being executed
Please send CV and a covering letter to:
Mark Stevens email@example.com
Reference: Bakery team member vacancy